WordPress Portfolio Intro
DZS ZoomFolio is the ultimate plugin for displaying your creative portfolio to your clients and that’s not all. You can use it to show the recent posts from your blog or a gallery from your vacation. The possibilities are endless.
The backend helps you do just that in a easy way. Uses the WordPress’s Custom Post Types for you to create Portfolio items in the WordPress intuitive way. It’s based on shortcodes, but there is zero effort to understand how you customize it because there is a intuitive Shortcode Generator bundled that does just that for you.
- easy to install - install and get this plugin ready in less then one minutes.
- responsive – looks great from mobile to HD
- flexible – can be used to work as a Recent Posts showcase
- shortcode generator – customize skins, categories to show and others via the shortcode generator
- awesome graphics
- zoom on photos function
- CSS3 technology - this gallery uses cutting-edge css3 definitions to render awesome 3D effects in supporting browsers, the others will degrade gracefully
- compatible with all major browsers, including IE – compatible from IE7 to IE10, Chrome, Safari and Firefox
- SEO friendly – built with search engine optimization on mind from the ground up, the Testimonial Rotator uses non hidden valid html markup to build the widget
- custom light box – be different from the others. This plugin uses all custom code to deliver the fitting experience.
- iPhone / iPad optimized – this gallery has been optimized for Apple touch devices
- Android optimized – this component has been tested on Android 4.0 and works awesome
- images are not included, they are brought from stock sites
- ThemeForest theme authors can use this in their themes with Extended Licence
For updating, disable and delete the previous version, and install the new downloaded one. Or (recommended ) just unpack the zip you get from the download and overwrite the previous folder from wp-content/plugins/ via ftp
UPDATE 2.22 [ 05/30/2013 ]
- [fix] major bug fix on the Shortcode Generator not opening
UPDATE 2.21 [ 05/27/2013 ]
- [fix] major bug fix on the Portfolio Items Meta
UPDATE 2.20 [ 05/27/2013 ]
- [add] new Features for ZoomBox lightbox like gallery, zoom on photo
- [add] documentation videos and other instructions
- [add] change the “All” keyword from the settings page
- [fix] accordion style inside gallery fix – now works on the Item Gallery tab
- [fix] reported bugs
UPDATE 2.01 [ 05/02/2013 ]
- [add] new Portfolio Item type – gallery
- [add] new Portfolio Item type – audio
- [add] new Portfolio Item type – video
- [add] new Portfolio Item type – testimonial
- [add] new Portfolio Item type – link
- [add] new Portfolio Item type – twitter
- [add] new Portfolio Item type – youtube
- [add] new Portfolio Item type – vimeo
- [fix] reported bugs
UPDATE 1.90 [ 04/20/2013 ]
- [tweak] excerpt now works better and support shortcodes
- [add] full integration for qTranslate pluggin
- [add] change highlight color in shortcode generator
- [add] change overlay start / mouseout position from the meta options of each item
- [add] change order criteria of listing portfolio items – date / random / title / custom via id=”x,z,y”
UPDATE 1.80 [ 04/16/2013 ]
- [tweak] the shortcode is now named [zoomfolio] instead of [portfolio] because of some themes reserving the portfolio shortcode / no worries when updating , the [portfolio] will still work
- [add] higlight color for skin-blog on each portfolio item meta options
- [add] preload all images option
- [add] prettyphoto lightbox library – you can now choose between zoombox or prettyphoto lightbox for each portfolio
UPDATE 1.70 [ 04/05/2013 ]
- [fix] a bug with the portfolio not showing up
- [fix] uploader works on wp versions lower then 3.5
- [tweak] now thumbnails resemble the whole image
UPDATE 1.60 [ 04/01/2013 ]
- [fix] a bug where the shortcode generator would not work
- [add] new endless scrolling feature – check the third demo
- [tweak] accordion now works as it should, closes old tabs
UPDATE 1.52 [ 03/29/2013 ]
- fixed a bug showing “PhotoDune” instead of the real title of post title / item title
- tweaked big image to use the native wordpress media uploader
- tweaked shortcode generator to use zoombox instead of native thickbox
UPDATE 1.50 [ 03/26/2013 ]
- added advancedscroller mode
- added gallery mode to posts on skins accordion and clean – as shown in the preview
- added Vimeo type open in light box
- tweaked item_width attribute name, now design_item_width
UPDATE 1.40 [ 03/25/2013 ]
- added Item Width field in the shortcode generator for default item width
- added Overwrite Item Link with Big Image field in each portfolio item meta
- fixed do not open Big Image in lightbox field
UPDATE 1.30 [ 03/24/2013 ]
- added support for youtube videos in the big image field
- fixed a small bug with force thumb width / height
UPDATE 1.21 [ 03/23/2013 ]
- added support for not opening the image link in a light box
UPDATE 1.2 [ 03/22/2013 ]
- added support for showing categories in the Recent Posts
UPDATE 1.1 [ 03/21/2013 ]
- added color options
WordPress Portfolio Showcase
WordPress Portfolio FAQ
Nice plugin – I’m wondering is it possible to link the thumbnail to an existing gallery using a link. Rather than clicking on the thumbnail to get a bigger image ?
Set any link inside the Big Image and set Open Big Image in Lightbox to OFF
Hi is it possible to filter the portfolio by two categories or more and show the results.
You can show items from as many categories as you want. Only those will be showed.
how to apply more then 1 different color overlay as you have in your demonstration to the blog skin and using grid 2.
A overlay color meta box will appear on every portfolio item edit box. If you want to maintain the transparency you can enter something like rgba(0,0,255,0.5); in that box
I’m interested in carousel functionality. I would like to know more about the setting options, and what you can style and how easily? Is it easy to style with css? Can you style pagination, change previous/next icons, colors, position of that?
The carousel is 100% skinable via CSS and the icons are simply image, you can just go ahead and replace them, position again is part of css so easily changeable.
Seems like a lot you need to remember with the shortcodes. Is there dropdown list or any help that makes that easier?
False, there is not much to remember. There is a shortcode generator included that appears on every post / page . There are options for almost all customization options, and more are added with every update.
Can I show any of the custom fields together with each scroll, or is it just description?
With some light php / wp knowledge you can add any custom meta there.
I assumed it would have functionality with existing wordpress categories.
But it does work with existing categories. Just that they do not appear in the Shortcode Generator. You have to manually type the categories you want id’s. And the id is easy to get ( link here – http://digitalzoomstudio.net/faq/ )
And then you just build the shortcode based on that like so ( for example )
[portfolio cats="3,14" wpqargs="post_type=post"]
Another question please, how i can fix the gallery at the center of my page? it’s always in the left. Thanks!
If you use a fullscreen theme, you can wrap the shortcode in a that centers like so ( for example )
<div style="margin:0 auto; width:100%: max-width: 1170px;"> [portfolio] </div>
hi i was wondering how can i pull specific post category via shortcode
You just have to write cats=”thecategoryid” as an shortcode attribute so for example if you want posts / items from category 5 you would do
Info on how to get the category id here – http://digitalzoomstudio.net/faq/
Where do i put vimeo id on post to open on lightbox
You just write the link to the video in the Big Image field ( ie https://vimeo.com/2 )
Hi, i would to know if is it possible add videos in your portfolio. I mean, if it plays when clicks on it.
Yes, it allows for self hosted video, vimeo and youtube
With the recent posts, does it just show recent posts, or can you set it to show sticky posts or from a particular category?
You can show posts from the categories you want by specifying the category id in the cat parameter
Also can you insert the folio with a php code, so it will show on the homepage?
What do you get?
- ZoomFolio WordPress plugin – get creative!
- documentation – extensive documentation on how to install & configure the plugin
- free updates – even if the value of this gallery increases with upcoming updates, you will get them for free
- free support – for installation via our support board -> http://digitalzoomstudio.net/support/ this is the fastest form of support